What's New in v2
- A new GUI, completely rewritten from scratch. Hopefully simpler, prettier, and more intuitive.
- Automatic rootkit detection and removal: check the "Scan for Rootkits" box and The Avenger will scan for rootkit drivers hidden from the operating system. The Avenger can also disable any hidden drivers found automatically.
- New functionality for driver operations: a "Drivers to disable:" command as well as a safer, more robust implementation of "Drivers to delete:" (formerly "Drivers to unload:").
- Full compatibility with Windows Vista.
- Cleaner error handling and logging. All relevant data logged to c:\avenger.txt (if c:\ is the system drive).
- Backups are now password-protected with industry-standard password "infected" to prevent accidental reinfection.
- HKEY_USERS (HKU) no longer accessible to registry routines. The Avenger loads before it is constructed. Sorry.
Plus a slew of other bugfixes and improvements!
Continue to Program Documentation